As a little girl, I was mesmerized by the craft of the spider. From the eaves of the cottage, the spider would weave its masterful web directly across from my bedroom window of the attic. I carry that fascination and admiration still today. It should then be of no surprise that I enjoyed the Second Grade Halloween craft brought in by one of the room mother’s at school so many, many,………many years ago.
- One peanut in the shell.
- One long black pipe stem cleaner cut into 8 equal sections.
- Punch holes in sides of peanut shell with a yarn needle where legs are to go.
- Insert pipe cleaner sections into holes.
- Dot a couple eyes with a black marker.
- Bend pipe cleaners to shape legs.
Fast-forward numerous years. Stumble upon ‘bumpy’ pipe stem cleaners (aka bumpy chenille stems). Second Grade crafted spider whirls to the forefront of my mind’s creative processing. Evolution.